BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

True Colors

Something has bothered me for a long time--almost two months, to be exact. The issue is the abrupt end of an almost five years cumulative cyber friendship. The individual in question abruptly cut off communications with myself and all close associates after being quite rude to another friend. When dismay was expressed over this action but countered by a wish to support this individual, who was obviously very angry about something, said individual's response was to not only state a justification for their actions but to cut off communications.
Although very saddened by this action on part of this one time friend, I made a different decision than I ever had in the past. Rather than blaming and beating myself up both literally and figuratively, I did not cut or hit myself even once. Instead I came to the realization that no relationship is worth keeping if the other party treats one with disdain. 
That this individual chose to take out their anger and unhappiness on a longtime associate displays something truly disturbing about their mindset. While if approached correctly I would certainly forgive them due to the long previous association, I would never forget and I would never fully trust them again knowing that they had this dark aspect to their psyche. 
A person who takes out their anger on others and does not see fit to make amends for their actions is not a worthy friend. Therefore although the loss is unpleasant, so are the true colors of this one-time friend's soul, at least as they have been displayed to me.

0 comments: