BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sheriff Joe

I don't know if you'll be able to read my Facebook friend Blackie's note if you're not a member of Facebook, but he is discussing the tented prison camp run by Sheriff Joe Arpaio in Maricopa County, Arizona. These prisoners don't need a gym, because they're doing hard time. Here is my comment:

My father often said that if they brought back hard labor in prison, fewer people would end up back in prison. I find myself agreeing.
"Criminals should be punished for their crimes - not live in luxury until it's time for parole, only to go out and commit more crimes so they can come back in to live on taxpayers money and enjoy things many taxpayers can't afford to have for themselves."
Exactly! It enraged me when I found out the kinds of meals that OJ Simpson was complaining about having to eat in prison. Lasagna? I would have loved to have lasagna! At the time all I was able to afford was spaghetti and a bottle of Ragu and some potatoes. This had to last an entire week.

0 comments: