BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, December 27, 2010

Homeowner Horror

All two of my readers already know my housing woes, but in case someone stumbles on this place, I wanted to share with you this online exchange between myself and the amazing Jewel Shepard. This took place on her Facebook page. If you do Facebook, you might try to friend Jewel, although she may already have too many friends. You can also always friend me--I know I don't have too many friends!

Jewel: I owned several homes, at one time. I KNOW! Hard to believe! I have worked for over 20 yrs. to aquire them... and sadly - lost both. Do, too... life issues? Yep. Life issues... One to foreclosure, the other... this was my house I loved so, and lost to foreclosure - sort of. In a massive lawsuit with Bank of America, bless that bank. '...Cause... they are evil. This was my Christmas in '09... so many friends and family I have lost since then... the photos I am posting is from this Christmas '10. And, to be quite frank? One of the best Christmas's ever! With many folks from my "famous" days. Funny... they turned camera shy at this strip joint and hotel we all hung Christmas eve... Belushi, God rest his soul, would have loved this Christmas Eve...
Tempest: Wow, Jewel, that sucks. It's so hard to own these days. I just want to warn everybody, don't EVER buy a new mobile home! Joke all you want about mobile home owners being "trailer trash," but I bought one because it was all I could afford. Yeah, right. The thing has been such a money pit. Currently I am without running water due to a water heater blowout, have soaked carpet in 3 rooms due to said water heater blowout, am severely upside down in my mortgage because the things depreciate in value, and can't get a new home while I still own it, even though my credit is decent, because my debt to income ratio is too high. If anyone is thinking of buying a mobile home, buy a USED one, which has already depreciated to its bottom value. It won't be such a huge loss to you.
Sorry for the rant but I just wanted to warn people about this horrible housing "option."
Best of luck and much love to you, Jewel. I hope that 2011 treats you better.

0 comments: